• Think you’re going to a Chinese restaurant when told you’re going to IHOP.
• Raise the bread basket to your nose when you have a cold to take in the aroma and then pass the bread to the next person. Actually, it’s ill-mannered anytime.
• Run the server back and forth with individual orders – drinks, extras, etc.- when there is a large group. Get it together, folks. Be considerate.
• Pick an eating utensil off the floor after it has fallen and place it on the table. Leave it.
• Hang up the ordering process for everyone with an interrogation of the server about every nuance of the menu – and then not being able to decide.
© 2010 Jane Feehan All rights reserved.