(Use search box at right to find more Fort Lauderdale history or visit janeshistorynook.blogspot.com)
Posted by Jane Feehan
More ads from the Fort Lauderdale Herald in 1921. Note the telephone number "25" for Windham's Confectionery. As mentioned previously, the Herald was the city's first newspaper launched in 1910. It was produced near Deland, however, and delivered to Fort Lauderdale.
|Keep fit with ice cream? No wonder why they all screamed for ice cream.|
|Nothing like a sanitary lunch room for that mid day meal ...|
|Before yachts ... mules and work horses|
Tags: Florida history, Fort Lauderdale history, Fort Lauderdale in the 1920s