|Fort Lauderdale Herald, Apr. 21, 1922|
Bottom row: Students Burwall, Baker, Marsha II, Matthews, Johnson
Top row: Stuart, Clinton, Gordon, Dichtenmueller and Coach Prescott
Fort Lauderdale High, founded in 1915, became known as the "Flying Ls" when its track team uniforms first displayed the name in 1918. The photo above is from the Fort Lauderdale Herald in 1922 when Flying Ls regularly earned front page coverage. The school retains its 1918 moniker today.
For more on Fort Lauderdale High School and how they got the name, Flying Ls, see:
Use search box at right to find more Fort Lauderdale history.
Tags: Fort Lauderdale history, Fort Lauderdale High School history, film research