Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Esteli Cigar Shop - New Orleans French Quarter






Esteli Cigar Shop
515 St. Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
504-561-6078
Fax – 504-561-6029
E-Mail: estelicigarshop@att.net

By Jane Feehan

As I left Johnny’s Po-Boys, the strains of Latin music drew me to the establishment next door – the Esteli Cigar Shop. I don’t know much about cigars except that I prefer the aroma of a cigar over a cigarette.

Traditional cigar shops – not the fancy joints catering to pretentious cigar aficionados – are a common sight in Miami’s Little Havana near where I grew up. So, when I heard the music and saw tobacco hanging from the ceiling in Esteli, I was compelled to stop in.

Esteli Owner Sergio Cabrera, originally from Nicaragua, sells a variety of
cigars from Central America, including the rarest cigar made by Padron, the Anniversary 1926.

If you’re a cigar smoker or are in the market for a gift, stop at Esteli to pick up some cigars and experience a little bit of Central America; Sergio Cabrera is there to assist. © 2010 All rights reserved