Another segment in the Clueless series ...
Witnessed on the dining circuit (in New Orleans or along the Mississippi Gulf Coast): proprietors, servers or bartenders who:
- Sit at the table with customers. Need a friend?
- Lower the lights to the point the menu and partner across the table are not visible. Hiding something?
- Leave unanswered requests for reservations on answering machines or voice mail. Why say your call will be returned when you have no intention of doing so?
- Talk on a cell phone with one’s back to a bar patron nearly the entire time a patron is there – except to bring a drink or the bill. Some sit at the bar rather than a table to have conversation with the bartender. Interested in tips-big ones?
- Speak - chirp - to an adult as if he or she were a child in daycare. Don't do it - no matter how old the customer. © 2010 Jane Feehan All rights reserved. (New Orleans and along the Mississippi Gulf Coast)